When someone once asked Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi (r.a.) to kindly favour him some advice, Faqiul Ummah Hadhrat Gangohi Sahab (r.a.) replied:
As Salaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh
Hereunder is some advice as requested:
- Regard yourself as the lowest of all people (in status) and worse than every Muslim (In spiritual gratitude).
- Constantly express gratitude to Allah Taa’la for his bounties and favours.
- Maintain your focus towards acquiring the pleasure of Allah Taa’la in everything you do.
- Refrain from the disobedience of Allah Taa’la.
- Keep the love of Rasullullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam dominant over the love of all the creation.
- Refrain from hurting the feeling of anyone.
May Allah Ta’ala grant you and me the ability to practice upon his advice.