This is a Malfoozat by Hadhrat Maulana Hakim Akhtar Sahab (damat baraktuhum) regarding the way of making your heart present while your prayer (Namaz main dil ko hazir karnay ka tareeqa). Download!
Below are the six instructions mentioned briefly for those who don’t understand Urdu…
- Before making the niyyat (intention), one should think of this prayer as the last ever.
- Imagine you are already in your grave under the earth and Allah Ta’ala has allowed you to pray.
- Think that your Janazah (funeral) is scheduled right after the prayer and has been announced already, so you’re taking part in your own funeral prayer.
- Remember the meanings of the recitations during prayer, such as Surah Al-Fatiha, other short Surahs, Durood Sharif, At-Tahiyyatuh, Allahu Akbar, Subhana Rabbi al-Azim, Subhana Rabbi al-‘Ala etc.
- Ponder over (the meaning of) every word you’re reciting, don’t hurry through your prayer.
- One has to understand that immediatly after Takbir-e-‘Ula, Allah Ta’ala pays full attention to the praying person.