Not all Shias are ghair Muslim or kafir. This is another case in which generalizations should be taken and made very carefully. It’s simple, who holds the deviated and kufr beliefs taught by Shiism are ghair Muslim – those who don’t are Muslims and much closer to the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama’ah than they know.
Read the whole post for a Fatwa from the Darul Ifta of Darul Uloom Deoband.
All the Shias are not kafir. Only the Shias are kafir who believe in the following:
- that Hazrat Gebriel (the angle) mistakenly put revelation to Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) instead of Hazrat Ali.
- who believe that Hazrat Ali (Razi Allahu anhu) was a god.
- who blame on Hazrat Ayshah (Razi Allahu anha) of adultery.
- who believe corruption in the Holy Quran.
- and who deny the companionship (Suhbat) of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (Razi Allahu anhu). (Fatawa Shami, 4/135)
But the Shias who believe only that Hazrat Ali was better (Afzal) than other companions and do not have other Shiite beliefs then they will not be considered as kafir.
and Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) Knows Best
Darul Ifta, Darul Uloom Deoband